Barossa Valley Estate Pty Limited (Barossa Valley) respects the privacy of visitors to this site and recognises the importance of protecting any personal information that you may provide to us. This statement sets out Barossa Valley’s policy and principles regarding the use of personal information you provide when visiting this site or sending us an email. It also outlines how we use information that we may receive from third parties.
We are committed to protecting your privacy
Who is Barossa Valley Estate Pty Limited
Barossa Valley Estate Pty Limited is an Australian company registered under number ABN 47163423578 (“Barossa Valley” or “we” or “us”). Barossa Valley Estate Pty Limited is owned by Delegat Limited which is a New Zealand company registered under number 418777. Barossa Valley is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website.
Collection of Personal Information
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- information you voluntarily provide to us through this website (for example, when entering competitions conducted by us, when participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our websites or when you contact us to request information about us);
- information which is obtained from publicly available sources (such as from publicly accessible social media profiles); and
- information which we automatically collect when you visit our website (we provide further information on this in the below “Cookies & Tracking Technologies” section).
The type of personal information that we collect may include your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address and country of residence and financial and payment information.
Information may be collected, and held, either by us directly or on our behalf via our third-party contractors.
If you are voluntarily providing us with personal information and do not fill in all required fields, or otherwise provide your full and correct details, we may not be able to comply with the purpose for which such personal information has been provided to us.
Information We Automatically Collect
Examples of information we may collect using cookies and other tracking technologies include: technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and information about your visit such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
Use of Personal Information
How we use your personal information will depend on the manner in, and purpose for, which it is collected. Generally, we collect and hold the personal information you supply us to identify and contact you and provide any information you request, and to provide services and/or products to you.
For personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, we may notify you of any intended use of such information at the time of collection. In addition to any use notified to you at the time of collection, we may use such personal information for marketing and promotional purposes by us, our related companies or affiliates and third-party contractors (which may include sending you marketing and promotional materials or running marketing campaigns via social media and other channels).
In relation to information we automatically collect from you when you use our website, we may use such information to:
- administer, and improve, our website and to try and keep our website safe and secure; better tailor our products and services to your interests (including through the use of targeting advertising);
- allow you to access and use features of our website; and
- make recommendations about goods or services that may interest you.
Retention and Deletion
The data we collect will only be retained for as long as it is needed to carry out the purpose for which it was collected. Where you have consented to the information’s collection, as we will be using it for ongoing marketing and promotional purposes, we will retain the information until such time as you request its deletion (which you may request at any time). Any information that is collected via Google Analytics will automatically be deleted after 26 months.
Security of Personal Data
We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to ensure that your data remains secure. Barossa Valley uses Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions, which uses Transport Layer Security (TLS), SQL Server cell-level encryption, and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) to protect personal data while in transit and at rest.
Transfer of Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to our group companies. We may also transfer your personal information to third parties if needed to provide the services available on this website, with any such use to be in accordance with our instructions and will remain our responsibility. Otherwise we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
Links to Other Websites
Access, Correction & Other things
You can request that we provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. There are certain exemptions which may apply to, or otherwise prevent us from providing you with, your information. We may also charge you an administration fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You can also request us to correct such personal information. In the event that we refuse or do not comply with any such request, you are entitled to request a statement be attached to the relevant information that a correction was sought but not made.
European Union Residents
If you reside in the European Union, you have the following additional rights in relation to your personal information that we collect:
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You can ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or otherwise by clicking the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” links in any marketing material we send you.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information we have collected at any time. Any such withdrawal will not invalidate processing that has occurred prior to withdrawing your consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise the device you are using and provide you with a better website experience.
Cookies do many different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer or mobile device you are using via a randomly generated identifying tag.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained below:
These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
Performance / Analytics
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. The information is only used to improve how a website works.
- To better understand how customers are using barossavalley.com to assist in managing the performance and design of barossavalley.com.
- Testing variations of design to improve customer experience and site performance
- To analyse the use of our website and provide insights, which allow us to improve the usability of the website and the customer experience
These cookies remember choices you make on barossavalley.com to improve your experience. These cookies allow barossavalley.com to remember choices you make (such as country) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
You can decide whether or not these cookies are used but preventing them may mean we can’t offer you some services.
Targeting / Advertising
Our website features tracking technology installed by us and operated by trusted third-party advertising services to place cookies on your device. These third-party advertising services include Facebook, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics. These cookies allow us to better understand your browsing on oysterbaywines.com and therefore deliver content and advertising that is better targeted, and more relevant to you, your needs and your interests. You can decide whether or not these cookies are used.
How to Manage or Opt out of Cookies
We need to use strictly necessary and performance cookies to maintain Barossa Valley’s effectiveness, ease of use, and to provide you with a seamless experience. As such we have not provided an opportunity for these to be disabled independently, and by using our site and online services you are agreeing that we can place these types of cookies on your browser.
There are ways you can control and manage cookies on your device. Please remember that any settings you change will not just affect the cookies we use. These changes will apply to all websites you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites).
Managing Cookies in your Browser
Most browsers will allow you to choose the level of privacy settings you want. You can block all cookies or accept all cookies or pick a setting somewhere in between. This range lets you control your cookie settings, so you can:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis
- Block third party cookies
- Block cookies from particular sites
- Block all cookies from being set
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser
Deleting cookies means that any preference settings you have made on a website will be lost. If you’ve set your preferences to opt out of cookies, this setting will be lost too, as that information is stored in a cookie. Blocking all cookies means functionality on our websites will be lost, as described above. We don’t recommend turning all cookies off when using our website.
If you want to reduce your cookie settings at any time – for example, if you accept all cookies, but later decide you don’t want a certain type of cookie – you’ll need to use your browser settings to remove any third-party cookies dropped on your previous visit. www.aboutcookies.org gives full details of how to manage cookies on different types of web browser.
If you decide not to allow barossavalley.com as a “trusted site”, please be aware that you will be unable to use the site.